Monday, April 22, 2013

CD 9: Grow follies grow

Sunday morning, the hubs and I headed in to check on my follicle growth, all running on about 5 hours of sleep.  We went to a concert the night before, which, for once was actually pretty good - my hubby & my musical tastes sometimes do not match up.  We got home at 1:30am and woke up at 6:30. 
<<side note: concerts are not quite as enjoyable when you don't drink a Bud Light.  Boo>>

Anyway, we got to see the lead doctor in the practice.  He was also the one who saw me after our last failed cycle and told me I had cysts again and left me in the room crying by myself.  Nevertheless, this was a happier visit.  He said my uterine lining was growing nicely, and measured at least 6 follicles.  Now, before you start thinking Ryan&Jen Plus 10, rest assured that not all of those follicles will mature.  They were all measuring about 8mm, so the plan was to return in 3 days for another blood draw and ultrasound. 

I did get a few questions answered, which was very reassuring.  I told him about the short luteal phase after our last 2 IUIs and asked if I should be taking progesterone.  Without even blinking he said "absolutely."  Perhaps I have a future in reproductive endocrinology... or perhaps I have researched like a crazy person and read every message board and blog written by people 'like me'.  He also suggested I take a baby aspirin daily to provide better blood supply to my uterine lining.  These are 2 new things that we will be doing this month, so I feel slightly more relieved that I'm not just pressing repeat on the last two cycles. 

So, until Wednesday, I just keep doing 125iu injections and keep trying to not bite anyone's head off.  The injections are the easy part.  Truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment